umask not respected in workers?

abellina
Hello, I noticed that the alluxioworker mounts are owned by the worker user, but are wide open, including the blocks written there.

The main thing I am trying to find is why alluxio.security.authorization.permission.umask is not respected. I have SIMPLE authentication also. Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Alessandro

Re: umask not respected in workers?

Calvin Jia
Hi Alessandro,

alluxio.security.authorization.permission.umask is the umask used for files in the Alluxio file system. The umask used for internal Alluxio storage (worker blocks) is controlled by alluxio.worker.data.folder.permissions (in 1.8.0+).

Hope this helps,
Calvin

Re: umask not respected in workers?

abellina
Thanks Bin and Calvin, much appreciated.

Just curious, would the plan to add more multi-tenancy/security to alluxio be made out in the open? I'm interested to hear if that is already being worked on this year internally at alluxio.

Thanks

Alessandro

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 1:13 PM Calvin Jia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alessandro,

alluxio.security.authorization.permission.umask is the umask used for files in the Alluxio file system. The umask used for internal Alluxio storage (worker blocks) is controlled by alluxio.worker.data.folder.permissions (in 1.8.0+).

Hope this helps,
Calvin

Re: umask not respected in workers?

Calvin Jia
Hi,

Could you elaborate on multi-tenancy and security?

We have been working on making Alluxio multi-tenant and you can expect more features to be implemented in upcoming releases.

If you have specific feature requests, opening a JIRA ticket is the best way to get the design and implementation started.

Thanks,
Calvin