alluxio performance-tuning

Md Mahbub Alam
Hi,

According to Alluxio performance-tuning document, data locality and short-circuit read will provide substantial performance boost. Does anyone know whether I will use it with Alluxio version 1.2.0?

also, it is said that Alluxio client and Alluxio worker should be configured with the same hostname to set this option. What does it mean? Do I need to set the client and worker hostnames in all the nodes?

thanks
Mahbub

Re: alluxio performance-tuning

Bin Fan
Hi Mahbub

I put my replies inline
On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM Md Mahbub Alam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

According to Alluxio performance-tuning document, data locality and short-circuit read will provide substantial performance boost. Does anyone know whether I will use it with Alluxio version 1.2.0?
data locality and short-circuit read are both supported in Alluxio v1.2.
But just FYI, Alluxio v1.2 is very old. Unless you have legacy reasons,
I would recommend you to move to the latest 1.8 or at least 1.7.1

also, it is said that Alluxio client and Alluxio worker should be configured with the same hostname to set this option. What does it mean? Do I need to set the client and worker hostnames in all the nodes?

that means the client and worker, if they resolve network address, they will get the same hostname. So if a client on node hostA checks locations for a block, and sees the worker on hostA also serves this block, it knows, OK, I can use short-circuit read to reach this block from local file system

thanks
Mahbub

Re: alluxio performance-tuning

Md Mahbub Alam
Hi Fan,

thank you.

actually, I am working on something based alluxio-1.2.0 for a long time. At this moment I don't want to change the version.

thank you
Mahbub

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 2:57:53 AM UTC-3, Bin Fan wrote:
Hi Mahbub

I put my replies inline
On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM Md Mahbub Alam <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="sdd3UK3ZAgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">emahb...@...> wrote: