alluxio on emr yarn

Meenambigai Manivel
I am trying to run alluxio on emr-yarn from master node.
How do I choose alluxio master node? Should it be one of the core node or task node or can it be master node?

Re: alluxio on emr yarn

Meenambigai Manivel
Throwing exception
ERROR ClientMasterSync - Failed to heartbeat to the metrics master: {}
alluxio.exception.status.UnavailableException: Failed to connect to MetricsMasterClient @

On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-4, Meenambigai Manivel wrote:
I am trying to run alluxio on emr-yarn from master node.
How do I choose alluxio master node? Should it be one of the core node or task node or can it be master node?

Re: alluxio on emr yarn

Meenambigai Manivel
thanks for looking; found this in the documentation
You may also start the Alluxio Master node separately from Yarn in which case the above startup will automatically detect the Master at the address provided and skip initialization of a new instance. This is useful if you have a particular host you’d like to run the Master on, which isn’t part of your Yarn cluster, like an AWS EMR Master Instance.

On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-4, Meenambigai Manivel wrote:
I am trying to run alluxio on emr-yarn from master node.
How do I choose alluxio master node? Should it be one of the core node or task node or can it be master node?

Re: alluxio on emr yarn

binfeng
Hi Meenambigai,

Regarding this error, did you set alluxio.master.hostname to point to your Alluxio master node?