Which version of protoc is used to generate the codes in code base

Which version of protoc is used to generate the codes in code base

Hector Zhang
I tried version 2.4.1 and 3.1.0, all changed every files in path core/protobuf/src/main/java/alluxio/proto, which means it's not the version used to generate protobuf files in code base.

Could some one tell me the version used to generate protobuf files in code base, I don't want to change so many file for just adding just one message.

Re: Which version of protoc is used to generate the codes in code base

Bin Fan
Hi Hector,

can you try protobuf 2.5.0?
this is the version I am using to generate src code

- Bin

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 3:56 AM Hector Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried version 2.4.1 and 3.1.0, all changed every files in path core/protobuf/src/main/java/alluxio/proto, which means it's not the version used to generate protobuf files in code base.

Could some one tell me the version used to generate protobuf files in code base, I don't want to change so many file for just adding just one message.

Re: Which version of protoc is used to generate the codes in code base

Bin Fan
Great! Glad it is solved.
I will update the documentation to have this version info too