Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

Gidon Gershinsky
Switching from Alluxio 1.1.0 to Alluxio 1.2.0, I can't connect to my Swift object store (IBM SoftLayer), getting "HTTP status 401, Error UNAUTHORIZED".
However, I use exactly the same conf/alluxio-env.sh file, with the same swift parameters. Any changes to swift auth configuration in Alluxio 1.2.0?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alluxio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

Gidon Gershinsky
The request is sent as "* X-Auth-User=user:tenant", so I tried to switch the tenant and user names in the config,

  -Dfs.swift.tenant=<swift-user>
  -Dfs.swift.user=<swift-tenant>

and this worked, so now I can connect to the object store from Alluxio 1.2.0, but guess the name reversal needs to be fixed in Alluxio.

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 4:25:27 PM UTC+3, Gidon Gershinsky wrote:
Switching from Alluxio 1.1.0 to Alluxio 1.2.0, I can't connect to my Swift object store (IBM SoftLayer), getting "HTTP status 401, Error UNAUTHORIZED".
However, I use exactly the same conf/alluxio-env.sh file, with the same swift parameters. Any changes to swift auth configuration in Alluxio 1.2.0?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alluxio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

Calvin Jia
Hi,

Thanks for bringing up this issue and posting your solution! Could you open a JIRA ticket detailing this issue?

Also, which security model were you using (I assume SwiftAuth)?

Thanks,
Calvin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alluxio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

Gidon Gershinsky
Hi,

Sure, will do.
I'm using SwiftAuth.

Regards, Gidon.

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 9:18:52 PM UTC+3, Calvin Jia wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for bringing up this issue and posting your solution! Could you open a <a href="https://alluxio.atlassian.net/projects/ALLUXIO/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Falluxio.atlassian.net%2Fprojects%2FALLUXIO%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFMqSwROstW7foA7uoLt1tLNnFQaA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Falluxio.atlassian.net%2Fprojects%2FALLUXIO%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFMqSwROstW7foA7uoLt1tLNnFQaA&#39;;return true;">JIRA ticket detailing this issue?

Also, which security model were you using (I assume SwiftAuth)?

Thanks,
Calvin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alluxio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

Calvin Jia
Thanks Gidon, let's continue the discussion on the JIRA ticket.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alluxio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

Gidon Gershinsky
Thanks Calvin.

There is another Swift-related problem ("region" parameter is missing), I've created a Jira, #2205.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alluxio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

adit
Thanks for reporting the issue, Gildon!. Let's continue the conversation at the JIRA tocket. 

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 6:45:52 AM UTC-7, Gidon Gershinsky wrote:
Thanks Calvin.

There is another Swift-related problem ("region" parameter is missing), I've created a Jira, #2205.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alluxio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Swift authentication problem in Alluxio 1.2.0

adit
In reply to this post by Gidon Gershinsky
Thanks for reporting the issue, Gidon!. Let's continue the conversation at the JIRA ticket. 

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 6:45:52 AM UTC-7, Gidon Gershinsky wrote:
Thanks Calvin.

There is another Swift-related problem ("region" parameter is missing), I've created a Jira, #2205.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alluxio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.