Running Alluxio on S3

Bill Graham
Hi,

i'm following the instructions to Run Alluxio on S3 (https://www.alluxio.org/docs/1.7/en/Running-Alluxio-on-EC2.html) and have some questions. The instructions start with this, after installing vagrant and downloading Alluxio:

Under deploy/vagrant directory in your home directory, run:
sudo bash bin/install.sh
Alternatively, you can manually install pip, and then in deploy/vagrant run:
sudo pip install -r pip-req.txt

But what's not clear is install.sh or pip-req.txt come from? Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Where does these files live?

thanks,
Bill

Re: Running Alluxio on S3

Andrew Audibert
Hi Bill,

Sorry about that, the workflow for vagrant was changed in 1.7. The vagrant module is no longer included in the distribution tarball - instead we recommend cloning the github repository and running from that. I've sent out a PR to update the 1.7 docs with the change. Does cloning work for you?

- Andrew

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 2:14 PM Bill Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

i'm following the instructions to Run Alluxio on S3 (https://www.alluxio.org/docs/1.7/en/Running-Alluxio-on-EC2.html) and have some questions. The instructions start with this, after installing vagrant and downloading Alluxio:

Under deploy/vagrant directory in your home directory, run:
sudo bash bin/install.sh
Alternatively, you can manually install pip, and then in deploy/vagrant run:
sudo pip install -r pip-req.txt

But what's not clear is install.sh or pip-req.txt come from? Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Where does these files live?

thanks,
Bill

Re: Running Alluxio on S3

Bill Graham
Yeah that works. I figured that out just after emailing. :) Thanks for the quick response.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 5:11 PM Andrew Audibert <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent from Gmail Mobile