Re: How to disable data persistence on disk?

Re: How to disable data persistence on disk?

Chanh Le

Hi Gene,
When I stop worker in a node it doesn't delete the data in /mnt/ramdisk/.

du -s -h /mnt/ramdisk/data/alluxioworker/
19G     /mnt/ramdisk/data/alluxioworker/

Even I checked there is a process in ramdisk or not but it didn't.

lsof /mnt/ramdisk
Empty

I can not free my RAM by
sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

But When I deleted the folder in /mnt/ramdisk/data/
It's OK, I attached the image to prove that.

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 12:22:06 AM UTC+7, Bruno Costa wrote:

Hi guys,

Seems that by default Alluxio persists data in /mnt/ramdisk/alluxioworker. I just want my data in RAM memory, only in memory. How can I disable such persistence remaining the data only in RAM?

Thanks!

Re: How to disable data persistence on disk?

Gene Pang
The ramdisk folder will not be deleted unless you format the worker, or if you restart the machine.

Hope that helps,
Gene

Re: How to disable data persistence on disk?

Gene Pang
Hi Chanh,

Were we able to answer your questions?

Thanks,
Gene

Re: How to disable data persistence on disk?

Chanh Le
Hi Gene,
For me I have been this before the way to do that is just don’t setup the underFs like HDFS or S3.
I think it safe if you don’t setup a cluster (multi nodes) just run in 1 node because in cluster mode Alluxio need underFs to exchange block between node.

Regards,
Chanh

On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:19 PM, Gene Pang <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Chanh,

Were we able to answer your questions?

Thanks,
Gene

Re: How to disable data persistence on disk?

Chanh Le
Hi Gene,
Sorry for mis understand the question.
Yes I solved it by delete the folder /mnt/ramdisk/data/alluxioworker/

Regards,
Chanh

On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:29 PM, Chanh Le <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Gene,
For me I have been this before the way to do that is just don’t setup the underFs like HDFS or S3.
I think it safe if you don’t setup a cluster (multi nodes) just run in 1 node because in cluster mode Alluxio need underFs to exchange block between node.

Regards,
Chanh

On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:19 PM, Gene Pang <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Chanh,

Were we able to answer your questions?

Thanks,
Gene

Re: How to disable data persistence on disk?

Gene Pang
Ok, sounds good. Thanks for confirming!

-Gene