Re: C++ API for Tachyon

Adam Storm
Jia, Jiří,

I've spent some time over the last month or so porting libtachyon to the latest version of Alluxio.  I have things functionally working (note that there's still a good amount of clean-up
I'd like to do) and I'm hoping to contribute to the libtachyon repo sometime soon (this week or next).  If you can wait a little while longer, this might be a good option.

Thanks,
Adam

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 8:12:01 PM UTC-4, Jia Zou wrote:
Hi, guys,

My question is whether there is any way to develop C++ applications on top of Tachyon?
I did some search and it seems there are following options:
-  JNI, like libtachyon (<a href="https://github.com/stormspirit/libtachyon#libtachyon" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fstormspirit%2Flibtachyon%23libtachyon\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGP6eGhhA5zTobF_Roy8hyE-oUyow&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fstormspirit%2Flibtachyon%23libtachyon\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGP6eGhhA5zTobF_Roy8hyE-oUyow&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/stormspirit/libtachyon#libtachyon);
- Thrift

So could anyone can kindly provide some suggestions about:
1. whether it is a good idea to use libtachyon to develop C++ applications in terms of reliability and performance? anyone used that before?
2. are there any existing code base for C++ API implementations based on thrift?
3. which will have better performance: JNI or thrift?

Thanks a lot!
Jia

Re: C++ API for Tachyon

Jia Zou
Hi Adam,

Great, we are looking forward to using your work!
Could you please send me a note once you finish the porting work? We will appreciate, thanks.

Best Regards,
Jia