Question about Alluxio Format in Autoscaling Deployment

Question about Alluxio Format in Autoscaling Deployment

donakalz
Hi guys,

I have setup alluxio 1.0.1 in an autoscaling group on AWS. However now I am not sure how or when I should call the alluxio format command to format the master journal. My autoscaling alluxio instance is configured to always call format. This means that every instance which comes up will end up formatting and essentially deleting the journal. Am i right in assuming that the format command should be called only once?

Re: Question about Alluxio Format in Autoscaling Deployment

Jiří Šimša
Hi there,

Correct. The format command should be only used with the first invocation of the Alluxio master.

Best,