Multi master mode and web ui access

francois.autaa.pro
Hi all

Alluxio 1.7/1.8
zookeeper configurated
Centos

I'm facing a little issue for the web UI access in multi master mode.

Alluxio is running on a 3 master cluster. Leading master is elected by zookeeper so for acessing the alluxion WEB ui I have to point directly to the correct master. And try 3 differents adresses to get the WebUi is not conveniant.

Is there a way to access it in a generic way ?

regards

Re: Multi master mode and web ui access

Bin Fan
Hi Francois,

if you are running Alluxio 1.8, you can run fsadmin report summary

$ alluxio fsadmin report summary

which will print out the current leader master

- Bin

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 5:44 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all

Alluxio 1.7/1.8
zookeeper configurated
Centos

I'm facing a little issue for the web UI access in multi master mode.

Alluxio is running on a 3 master cluster. Leading master is elected by zookeeper so for acessing the alluxion WEB ui I have to point directly to the correct master. And try 3 differents adresses to get the WebUi is not conveniant.

Is there a way to access it in a generic way ?

regards

Re: Multi master mode and web ui access

francois.autaa.pro
Yes

I'm aware of that or using will give me the same information

alluxio fs leader

But I'm looking for something smarter and complient with cloud.

Thank's for you feedback

Le lundi 10 septembre 2018 19:26:26 UTC+2, Bin Fan a écrit :
Hi Francois,

if you are running Alluxio 1.8, you can run <a href="http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/Admin-CLI.html#report" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.alluxio.org%2Fdocs%2Fmaster%2Fen%2FAdmin-CLI.html%23report\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH8YNrPqppbT6cefmR2-8DFJdRL9w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.alluxio.org%2Fdocs%2Fmaster%2Fen%2FAdmin-CLI.html%23report\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH8YNrPqppbT6cefmR2-8DFJdRL9w&#39;;return true;">fsadmin report summary

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 5:44 AM <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="g3l-7FyeEgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">francois....@...> wrote:
Hi all

Alluxio 1.7/1.8
zookeeper configurated
Centos

I'm facing a little issue for the web UI access in multi master mode.

Alluxio is running on a 3 master cluster. Leading master is elected by zookeeper so for acessing the alluxion WEB ui I have to point directly to the correct master. And try 3 differents adresses to get the WebUi is not conveniant.

Is there a way to access it in a generic way ?

regards

Re: Multi master mode and web ui access

Andrew Audibert
Hi Francois,

Your best bet at the moment is to use the result of alluxio fs leader to update your DNS to point to the current leader. Ideally there would be a feature where secondary masters redirect http requests to the leader master, but that feature hasn't been implemented yet.

- Andrew

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:05 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Finally I've add an NGINX server who redirect to upstream composed of my 3 master.

Only one of them is responding so nginx will only point to my leading master. With a proxy pass it's totally transparent for user un browser and he can point to any master on the specific port.

This config work fine for me => https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41460621/website-webserver-fault-tolerance-the-best-practices