Does the Alluxio system supported on the real Viking NVDIMM?

Does the Alluxio system supported on the real Viking NVDIMM?

renzhixiaohust
Hi guys!
    I want to deployed Alluxio to the real Viking NVDIMM device which presented in single level storage style.
NVDIMM can been considered as NVM,because it can store data in face of power failure throungh the function of
supercapacitor.First ,I want to make sure whether the Alluxio system can be deployed in it. Second, if the Alluxio system can be
implemented in the NVDIMM,then what should I do to change the Alluxio system to adapt to the NVDIMM environment? In my
experimental environment,the NVDIMM device will be taken as one main memory which is in the dimm Sockets.It will be appreciated
if you can provide me some helps. Addtionally,my experiment environment is centos 7.0 and kernel version is 3.10 which can support
the real Viking NVDIMM. Thanks!

Best regards,
William Xiao

Re: Does the Alluxio system supported on the real Viking NVDIMM?

Gene Pang
Hi William,

I have not actively worked with NVM, but NVM could be considered as part of the tiered storage concept in Alluxio: http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/Tiered-Storage-on-Alluxio.html

How do you interact with NVDIMM?

What is your use case with Alluxio?

Thanks,
Gene

Re: Does the Alluxio system supported on the real Viking NVDIMM?

Gene Pang
Hi William,

Were we able to answer your questions?

Thanks,