Difference between Alluxio memory and SSD

Difference between Alluxio memory and SSD

정민섭
Is there a speed difference of I/O and read/write between Alluxio memory and Alluxio ssd?? How many?

Re: Difference between Alluxio memory and SSD

Calvin Jia
Hi,

This will depend on your SSD and memory performance. In general, the performance difference will be 10x+ (500 MB/s - 1 GB/s for a SSD, 10 GB/s - 50 GB/s for memory).

Note that this is for raw I/O performance, and your application will generally be bottlenecked on something else before hitting the Memory (or in some cases even SSD) I/O throughput limit.

Hope this helps,
Calvin