Alluxio in NYC in September

binfan
Administrator
Hi Alluxio Users!

Several core Alluxio developers including the project founder Haoyuan Li, are going to stay in New York city from 9/11 to 9/13 for a conference. We want to see if there are people in the NYC area that would be interested in co-hosting or facilitating an Alluxio Meetup, so we can hang out with local Alluxio users. You are very welcome to propose presentation topics for your Alluxio use cases on the meetup, or simply shows interests to attend such a meetup.

Looking forward to hearing back!

Thank you,
--
- Bin Fan

Software Engineer
Alluxio
www.alluxio.com

Re: Alluxio in NYC in September

binfan
Administrator
Hi, Alluxio users,

I am happy to announce that Alluxio meetup is happening for the first time in New York City!

The tentative date/location is

6:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT
Thursday, September 13, 2018,
110 5th Ave, New York, NY 10011

We currently plan two to three 30-minute talks from Alluxio users and Alluxio team.
Meanwhile, we are thinking to host a lightning talk session where each lightning talk
can be as short as 5 minutes with 3-5 slides.
For any users who want to share their use cases/findings/experience/proposal on Alluxio
without a lot of preparation, this can be a good opportunity.
Please email me if you are interested in attending this lightning talk session.

Once more logistics are finalized, we will post this meetup with details in here.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you in NYC!

- Bin

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 5:34 PM Bin Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

You are welcome to RSVP to our first Alluxio meetup in NYC!

This event is free but please RSVP.
If you are unable to attend this meetup, you can also learn more about Alluxio by visiting the Alluxio booth #1300 at Strata Data Conference in New York September 12 & 13.

- Bin